Translate

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Idaho, 1st District

Just when I think that a paticular group, or person, has way too much power, and whomever they nominate will win, I always find myself proven wrong. Meet the women no one thought could make a wrong pick: Sarah Palin. I found myself slightly surprised that her nomination of Carly Fiorina in California caused a backlash of criticism, and I was very surprised to find that her pick lost in Idaho. Vaughn Ward is a veteren of Iraq, served on John McCain's 2008 campaign, was greatly outraising his opponent, and was picked by Sarah Palin. Oddly enough, he was beaten by Raul Labrador, or perhaps not so oddly.  Ward was damaged after allegations of plagerizing Obama's 2004 address at the DNC surfaced, as well as saying Puerto Rico was a country. Labrador will face Walt Minnick, a first term Democrat, who barely won in 2008, by two points. In a normally Republican state, I think Congressman Minnick should pack and be ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment