Translate

Monday, May 10, 2010

Making a reply

I recently recieved a comment from devil dog, who read my post about the jobless rate, asking how a spending spree to pull us out of the recission was justifiable? This is a fair point you bring up. It is of my opinion that the spending was to finance more jobs. These jobs are paying, and the hope was that they would start spending, and bingo bango, you've prevented a Hinderburg explosion. Now, many in economics will tell you that we spent too little. That is neither here nor there at this point; what we need to do now is work on paying our national debt. Thank you, devil dog, for reading, and I hope to hear from you again.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, to a point. The short term effects of the spending spree Uncle Sam went on di create some jobs. The effects of this increase of our deficit will haunt us for many, many years.

    Paying off our National debt should be a priority. How can Washington make the states have a balanced budget, while the natin's deficit is skyrocketing? Since Obama took office our bebt has doubled, not bad for just over a year on the job. When did the federal government decide it was ok to run in the red? If I do it, I get in trouble. I'd love to call my bill collectors and tell them that the check is still good even though I have no money in the bank. Seems like Washington has created a double standard for itself!

    ReplyDelete