Translate

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The GOP has a gay candidate?

Yep, and I can guarantee you have never heard of him. His name is Fred Karger, the first openly gay person to run on any party. So how come we haven't heard of this man? Well, the media isn't helping matters. He was excluded at the Iowa GOP debate, and there is a good chance he will be at the next debate on September 7th, at the Reagan Library. So what is he running on? He wants to eliminate the Defense of Marriage Act, increase finding cures and vaccines for HIV/AIDS, get out of Iraq and Afghanistan, lower the voting age, and legalize Marijuana, as well as tax it. These are just a few of his platform pieces, and I do support some of his goals. However, whether I would support his candidacy is something else. I will put in an update when I have decided. In the meantime, to get an idea of some of his other positions, I would recommend going to fredkarger.com and click on issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment