Translate

Monday, September 6, 2010

Sharron Angle

One often wonders just how Sharon Angle managed to win her primary. In any other year, she would be gone out of our site, and Harry Reid would be getting his but kicked. But not this time.  I find myself in the extrodinary position of wanting Mr. Reid to win. I'll admit that I would've preferred to see Mr. Reid removed for incompetancy, but this lady makes me nervous. First things first: Repeal and Replace ObamaCare. Hm,I support our reform, up to a point. For example, she and I agree on dumping the individual mandates. She also advocates for tort reform, which is basically just a limit on how much money you can sue for. She believes that it would not be a good idea to stop offshore drilling, and to just enforce the laws already passed. If you read between the lines, this means no new regulations, which we obviously need, in order to stop companies from cutting corners when they build refineries, and platforms, so on. She has constantly voted against tax increases. I hate to be the one to tell you all this, but I support tax increases. And some spending cuts might not be a bad idea, such as cutting out NASA altogether. Write me and tell me what you think should be done. Anyway, she supports, among other things, sanctions. The problem with the sanctions idea is that it just isn't working. We need to go a step further. We're already in one hopeless quagmire, we might as well start another. Or, after a civilian evacuation, we bomb the entire offending country. Again, write me. She has called for making the Bush Tax Cuts permanent. For my thoughts, please see that post. In the end, I just believe she is not right for our country, and I'm not the only one. The Mayor of Reno, a Republican from Angle's hometown, has said she is just too far right, and he won't support her. I urge all voting residents in Nevada to vote for Harry Reid.

No comments:

Post a Comment